Ticket #10226 (new defect)
BUG: port command can't be interrupted cleanly - creates database inconsistency
|Reported by:||stephen@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
|Keywords:||Cc:||stephen@…, markd@…, vinc17@…, pguyot@…, jmpp@…, blb@…, schneider.pj@…, snc@…, gardnermj@…, egall@…|
Description (last modified by jmpp@…) (diff)
Attempting to upgrade gnupg from 1.4.4_0 to 1.4.5_0 hangs (reported separately).
After waiting 5 min, I interrupted the "port -v upgrade gnupg" process. This left my ports in the following peculiar state:
port info gnupg claims that gnupg is at 1.4.5. The PortIndex file claims that gnupg is at 1.4.5. The Portfile claims that gnupg is at 1.4.5. port outdated doesn't report gnupg as outdated. gnupg 1.4.4_0 has been deactivated, quietly leaving me without gpg.
This is really evil, especially considering that the deactivation normally takes place just before activating the new version. By scrolling back to the beginning, I can see that the deactivation took place, but if one habitually runs with port -d, or immediately reruns the upgrade with -d without looking closely at the output, he'll probably miss the fact that gnupg was deactivated.
port built 1 Aug 2006 00:07 JST from freshly updated CVS.
- Cc markd@… added
- Summary changed from hung upgrade of gnupg leaves port very confused to BUG: hung upgrade of gnupg leaves port very confused
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Summary changed from BUG: hung upgrade of gnupg leaves port very confused to BUG: port command can't be interrupted cleanly - creates database inconsistency
comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by jmpp@…
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Description modified (diff)
- Cc pguyot@…, jmpp@… added
- Priority changed from Expected to Important
- Milestone changed from MacPorts 1.4 to Needs developer review
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to macports-dev@…
comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by jmpp@…
- Milestone changed from Needs developer review to MacPorts base bugs
comment:16 Changed 4 years ago by toby@…
- Milestone changed from MacPorts base bugs to MacPorts Future