Ticket #10785 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Archivemode should look for an existing archive before attempting to build it
|Reported by:||dluke@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
As I mentioned on the list, when we changed the target from 'archive' to 'unarchive' we made the time when the port isn't installed on the machine when archivemode is active much longer than it needs to be.
I think the proper behavior would be restored if we change back to 'archive' and modify archive to check for existing archives and not attempt to recreate them if they already exists.
I've got a patch that I haven't done any testing at all to yet (not even to see if the syntax is correct) that I'll attach as my first idea on how to do this.
- Priority changed from Nice to have to Expected
- Cc jmpp@… added
- Milestone changed from MacPorts 1.4 to MacPorts 1.5
- Owner changed from darwinports-bugs@… to macports-dev@…
- Summary changed from BUG: upgrade target with archivemode leaves port uninstalled for longer than necessary to Archivemode should look for an existing archive before attempting to build it
- Priority changed from Expected to Normal
- Version 1.3.2 deleted
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Milestone changed from MacPorts 1.5 to MacPorts base enhancements