Ticket #10880 (closed defect: wontfix)
BUG: Repair bad dependency entries in GNOME ports
|Reported by:||rhwood@…||Owned by:||rhwood@…|
Almost every single GNOME port has bad dependency lists in it.
These ports all need to be built on a clean machine with the trace (-t) option set and have the portfiles modified accordingly.
Priority for this should be with the ports in the gnome-platform-suite, then the gnome-desktop-suite, and finally in the gnome-bindings-* ports.
At one point, a number of the GNOME ports had their dependency structures simplified, so that if a dependency chain A->B->C->D existed, port A was set to depend only on port B, and not on ports C and D. While this made port management simple, it means that a port does not depend on every port that it links against, which, in certain circumstances is a significant problem.
- Cc nox@… added
- Priority changed from Important to High
- Milestone set to MacPorts base bugs
- Type changed from task to defect
- Summary changed from Repair bad dependency entries in GNOME ports to BUG: Repair bad dependency entries in GNOME ports
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix