Ticket #12169 (closed defect: fixed)
BUG: MacPorts shouldn't evaluate variants of non-required dependencies
|Reported by:||ryandesign@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
This is a follow-up to #12137 in which I experienced this problem:
$ sudo port install glitz +universal Error: Error executing universal: Default universal variant only works with ports based on configure Error: Unable to execute port: Error evaluating variants
Turns out it's not complaining about the glitz port, which does use configure, but rather about the XFree86 port, which doesn't use configure. I'm not even using XFree86; I'm using Apple's X11.
I worked around the problem for XFree86 by removing its +universal variant in r26296, since it was nonfunctional anyway, but the underlying problem remains: MacPorts was evaluating the +universal variant of XFree86, although XFree86 wasn't going to get installed. I say MacPorts shouldn't have done that.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Milestone changed from Needs developer review to MacPorts base bugs
- Milestone changed from MacPorts base bugs to MacPorts Future