Ticket #12344 (closed defect: duplicate)
BUG: Uninstalling a deactivated port still triggers dependency warnings.
|Reported by:||schwern@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
Description (last modified by jmpp@…) (diff)
Uninstalling a deactivated port, even while another version is active, port still checks for dependencies as if it were active. As a result I can't simply say "port uninstall inactive" without the dangers of forcing it.
Here's an example attempting to uninstall a deactive version of bison.
$ port uninstall bison ---> The following versions of bison are currently installed: ---> bison @2.2_0 ---> bison @2.3_0 (active) Error: port uninstall failed: Registry error: Please specify the full version as recorded in the port registry. $ port uninstall firstname.lastname@example.org_0 ---> Unable to uninstall bison 2.2_0, the following ports depend on it: ---> gpg-agent ---> gpg-agent Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on bison first. $ port info gpg-agent gpg-agent 2.0.3, security/gpg-agent (Variants: universal, darwin, darwin_7, no_pinentry) http://www.gnupg.org gpg-agent is a key management agent similar in function to ssh-agent. Library Dependencies: libiconv, gettext, zlib, bzip2, bison, libassuan, libksba, libgcrypt, libgpg-error, pth, pinentry Platforms: darwin freebsd sunos Maintainers: email@example.com
- Priority changed from Nice to have to Low
- Milestone set to MacPorts base bugs
- Version 1.5.0 deleted
- Summary changed from Uninstalling a deactivated port still triggers dependency warnings. to BUG: Uninstalling a deactivated port still triggers dependency warnings.
- Component changed from ports to base
- Description modified (diff)
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Milestone changed from MacPorts base bugs to MacPorts Future