Ticket #19804 (closed defect: invalid)
"sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist" should not sudo?
|Reported by:||jim@…||Owned by:||mcalhoun@…|
I've been having a problem that looked very much like #17950; the core symptom was:
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded! (process:15731): GConf-CRITICAL **: Could not connect to session bus: Not enough memory
Reading through #17950, I got the sense that I wasn't connecting to gconf and was able to confirm this using gconf-editor, first running it as my normal user, then as root. The former gave the same errors as above; the latter ran fine and gave me access to the gconf database. I further confirmed this by running launchctl getenv DBUS_LAUNCHD_SESSION_BUS_SOCKET as my normal user (which provided no response) and as root (which provided the proper value).
Here's what I did to get gconf and dbus working:
- sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
- sudo chown my_user:staff /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
- launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
After that, all works well. This is in line with the observation in comment:ticket:17950:86 which advises against "sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist".
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to mcalhoun@…
- Status changed from new to assigned