Ticket #24357 (new defect)
xournal : problems with drawing, pasting and exporting pdf
|Reported by:||Dominique.Attali@…||Owned by:||ryandesign@…|
Description (last modified by macsforever2000@…) (diff)
I have a MacBook Pro, which runs under Mac OS X 10.6.2 and installed xournal 0.4.2.1 with MacPorts, using the command : sudo port install xournal
When running xournal, I have the following messages:
----------------- $ ./xournal Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-rM6XvI/:0". (xournal:55009): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated -----------------
The window of the application appears with a cursor but I cannot draw nor write text. It has no effect.
Denis Auroux suggested that I unselect "Use Xinput" in the Options menu. Following his suggestion, I can indeed draw, but it reduces the quality of the tablet input. I'm using a wacom bamboo fun middle.
I noticed two other problems :
- the copy and paste functionality does not work.
- when exporting a pdf file, it is not visualized correctly by Preview.app: in particular, the text (typed with the keyboard) is gone. I tried different fonts. But, with Acrobat Reader, it works.
Please, could you help me ?
I would really like to use this application for annoting pdf and taking notes.
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to ryandesign@…
- Port set to xournal
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from xjournal : problems with drawing, pasting and exporting pdf to xournal : problems with drawing, pasting and exporting pdf