Ticket #24505 (closed defect: fixed)
testdisk 6.11: cannot analyse GPT volumes (GPT: invalid header size)
|Reported by:||wickedguitar6@…||Owned by:||snc@…|
|Keywords:||haspatch, endian||Cc:||snc@…, ryandesign@…|
testdisk-6.11 has a fault bigendian architecture detection in its configure file. Therefore if there is in the environment a "CFLAGS=-arch ...." argument, it assumes that the bigendian arch is universal (e.g. even if "CFLAGS=-arch i386"). This results in that the program cannot correctly analyse GPT volumes (fails with GPT: invalid header size).
I patched the configure file so that bigendian is true only if "-arch" contains "ppc" or "ppc64". I also patched the Portfile.
Sorry if the technical terms are not 100% correct.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Keywords haspatch added; testdisk bigendian gpt removed
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to snc@…
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Type changed from update to defect
comment:4 in reply to: ↑ description ; follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 3 years ago by ryandesign@…
- Keywords haspatch, endian added; haspatch removed
- Cc ryandesign@… added
- Port changed from testdisk-6.11 to testdisk
- Summary changed from testdisk-6.11 Reports wrong bigendian architecture to testdisk 6.11: cannot analyse GPT volumes (GPT: invalid header size)