Ticket #25458 (closed update: fixed)
xfig-3.2.5 does not recognize special characters
|Reported by:||lawrence.ong@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
Description (last modified by ryandesign@…) (diff)
When exporting to all three: PostScript, PDF and TeX, using File > Export > Combined PS/PDF/LaTeX, xfig incorrectly generates PostScript and PDF that included LaTeX-only (special) text
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open a new figure in xfig, draw a circle.
- Select T (text) input on the left menu, on the bottom row click on Text Flags and select Special Flag to Special.
- Click somewhere in the circle and type $\pi$
- Save figure as toto.fig, then go to File > Export > Combined PS/PDF/LaTeX. The generated files toto_pspdftex.eps and toto_pspdftex.pdf should contain just the circle, but they also contain $\pi$. The third file: toto.pspdftex is correct.
This is a known problem and has been resolved. See bugs fixed for Patchlevel 5a: http://www.xfig.org/art17.html
But the version in MacPorts still has this problem.
- Cc ryandesign@… added; lawrence.ong@… removed
- Description modified (diff)
comment:16 Changed 3 years ago by ryandesign@…
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed