Ticket #28832 (closed defect: wontfix)
python26: platform.mac_ver() uses py26-xml, which fails to load - "Symbol not found: _PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode"
|Reported by:||ccarey@…||Owned by:||mcalhoun@…|
on a system with Xcode 3.2.5, Mac OS X 10.6.6, and python26 @2.6.6_1 +ucs4+universal, the py26-distribute @0.6.15 +universal port does not build. Here is an excerpt from its main.log:
:info:build Traceback (most recent call last): […] :info:build File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/expat.py", line 4, in <module> :info:build from pyexpat import * :info:build ImportError: dlopen(/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so, 2): Symbol not found: _PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode :info:build Referenced from: /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so :info:build Expected in: flat namespace :info:build in /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so :info:build shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_python_py26-distribute/work/distribute-0.6.15" && /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/bin/python2.6 setup.py --no-user-cfg build " returned error 1
I suspect that this is due to the +ucs4 variant with which python26 was built. Perhaps py26-distribute needs to have a similar +ucs4 variant also?
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to jmr@…
- Cc jmr@… removed
- Owner changed from jmr@… to mcalhoun@…
- Status changed from assigned to new
- Port changed from py26-distribute to python26 py26-xml
- Summary changed from py26-distribute @0.6.15 +universal Symbol not found: _PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode to python26: platform.mac_ver() uses py26-xml, which fails to load - "Symbol not found: _PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode"