|Version 30 (modified by ryandesign@…, 5 years ago) (diff)|
This section contains some HOWTOs for different things, which users might find useful.
Some command you should type in your Terminal are marked with a dollar sign ($) in front. Example:
$ sudo port selfupdate
- Port building:
- Software setup:
- Daily use:
- Alternatives for syncing the ports tree without rsync:
- MacPorts Development:
Feel free to add HOWTO requests to this list or help out to complete them!
- How to setup Dovecot IMAP Server (unfinished)
- How to setup Postfix mail transfer agent (unfinished)
- How to setup Fetchmail mail collector (unfinished)
- How to enable distcc? (unwritten)
- How to use a proxy for rsync/HTTP/FTP? (unwritten)
- How to add additional local or remote source trees? (unwritten)
- How to most effectively upgrade outdated ports (unwritten, requested)
- How to start writing a Portfile (unwritten, requested)
- How to build 64-bit binaries? (unwritten)
There is also a Template for new HOWTOs.