|Version 43 (modified by raimue@…, 4 years ago) (diff)|
This section contains some HOWTOs for different things, which users might find useful.
These HOWTOs are organized in a wiki, which means everyone can edit these pages. You can also contribute new HOWTOs right away. All you need is to register an account with the site in order to keep spam bots away.
Some command you should type in your Terminal are marked with a dollar sign ($) in front. Example:
$ sudo port selfupdate
- Port building:
- Software setup:
- Daily use:
- Alternatives for syncing the ports tree without rsync:
- MacPorts Development:
Feel free to add HOWTO requests to this list or help out to complete them!
- How to setup Postfix mail transfer agent (unfinished)
- How to enable distcc? (unwritten)
- How to use a proxy for rsync/HTTP/FTP? (unwritten)
- How to add additional local or remote source trees? (unwritten)
- How to start writing a Portfile (unwritten, requested)
- How to build 64-bit binaries? (unwritten)
- How to setup ProofGeneral and Isabelle
- How to install Koha - Integrated Library System (unfinished)
There is also a Template for new HOWTOs.