Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#27974 closed submission (fixed)

New port for liblouis: A Braille translation and back-translation library

Reported by: boris.dusek@… Owned by: ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version: 1.9.2
Keywords: braille a11y accessibility Cc:
Port: liblouis

Description

New port (first I have ever contributed). Please comment and/or commit. Thanks.

Attachments (1)

Portfile (854 bytes) - added by boris.dusek@… 10 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 10 years ago by boris.dusek@…

Attachment: Portfile added

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)

Owner: changed from macports-tickets@… to ryandesign@…
Status: newassigned

Thanks.

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Is there a specific reason you used "PortGroup muniversal 1.0"? It seemed to build fine for me with the standard universal variant provided by MacPorts base.

I committed the port in r75150 with these changes:

  • removed muniversal portgroup
  • added license line
  • changed master_sites to just "googlecode"
  • removed livecheck lines; the standard goodlecode livecheck seems to work fine
  • removed md5 checksum which I consider to be obsolete
  • whitespace changes (tabs to spaces, and other reformatting)

comment:3 in reply to:  2 ; Changed 10 years ago by boris.dusek@…

Replying to ryandesign@…:

Is there a specific reason you used "PortGroup muniversal 1.0"? It seemed to build fine for me with the standard universal variant provided by MacPorts base.

No, I just thought that is the way to specify "build separately for each arch then use lipo to create universal binaries", but now I know for the next time this is not necessary

I committed the port in r75150 with these changes:

  • added license line

just mentioning it wasn't in the docs (section 4.2 Creating a Portfile), so I didn't know

  • changed master_sites to just "googlecode"
  • removed livecheck lines; the standard goodlecode livecheck seems to work fine

great, was in the docs, but I only remembered sourceforge support

  • removed md5 checksum which I consider to be obsolete

will remember for the future

  • whitespace changes (tabs to spaces, and other reformatting)

somehow the modeline for emacs does not work then, but maybe it's just something weird in my config

Thanks for reviewing.

comment:4 in reply to:  3 Changed 10 years ago by boris.dusek@…

Replying to boris.dusek@…:

somehow the modeline for emacs does not work then, but maybe it's just something weird in my config

never mind, it was most probably not because of the modeline, but because I copied another port file which had that formatting

comment:5 in reply to:  3 Changed 10 years ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)

Replying to boris.dusek@…:

Replying to ryandesign@…:

Is there a specific reason you used "PortGroup muniversal 1.0"? It seemed to build fine for me with the standard universal variant provided by MacPorts base.

No, I just thought that is the way to specify "build separately for each arch then use lipo to create universal binaries", but now I know for the next time this is not necessary

Correct, the muniversal portgroup builds separately for earch arch then uses lipo. Most ports don't need those acrobatics to build universal though; most ports build fine with the standard universal variant, which builds for both archs simultaneously and doesn't need to lipo anything together.

  • added license line

just mentioning it wasn't in the docs (section 4.2 Creating a Portfile), so I didn't know

Correct, the license keyword has not been documented yet.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.