boost @1.46.1 +python31 -- error while building
|Reported by:||t.vierjahn@…||Owned by:||adfernandes@…|
sudo port install boost +python31 fails
There seems to be a problem regarding the python print() function in this port for variant python31.
What’s New In Python 3.0 says: "The print statement has been replaced with a print() function"
But for this port:
- Portfile line 137: print statement is used for all python versions
- work/boost_1_46_1/bootstrap.sh line 282: print statement is used
The following steps did not help:
- Change Portfile line 137 to call print() function
- run sudo port clean --all boost
- run sudo port install boost +python31
But these steps did:
- Let sudo port install boost +python31 fail
- Change work/boost_1_46_1/bootstrap.sh line 282 to call print() function
- Run sudo work/boost_1_46_1/bootstrap.sh manually
- Run work/boost_1_46_1/bjam manually
- Re-run sudo port install boost +python31
I do not know whether that will also work for other python versions, but I hope it will be helpful.