Opened 7 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#41071 closed defect (fixed)

mpg123 1.14.4 - Failed to open module coreaudio

Reported by: promac@… Owned by: astifter@…
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version: 2.2.1
Keywords: mavericks Cc: vnebel@…, jeremyhu (Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia), sporkbomb@…
Port: mpg123

Description (last modified by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt))

This is on Mavericks.

mpg123 @1.14.4_0 (active)

Any file I try, I get:

[module.c:142] error: Failed to open module coreaudio: file not found
[audio.c:180] error: Unable to find a working output module in this list: coreaudio
[audio.c:532] error: Failed to open audio output module
[mpg123.c:897] error: Failed to initialize output, goodbye.

Attachments (1)

mpg123-1.17.0_omit_libtool_la.diff (363 bytes) - added by sporkbomb@… 6 years ago.
Portfile diff to omit lib tool archive file during build

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)

Description: modified (diff)
Keywords: mavericks added
Owner: changed from macports-tickets@… to astifter@…

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by vnebel@…

Cc: vnebel@… added

Cc Me!

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by vnebel@…

I have the same problem. Volker

comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by promac@…

I fixed it to myself, and updated to 1.16.0.

This is the bug report I opened:

https://sourceforge.net/p/mpg123/bugs/199/

I hope someone reads it and take care of this issue ...

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by jeremyhu (Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia)

I'm not sure what you mean by "I fixed it to myself, and updated to 1.16.0."

Are you saying that this is fixed by updating to 1.16.0? If not, can you provide the patch that you wrote to fix the issue?

comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by jeremyhu (Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia)

Cc: jeremyhu@… added

Cc Me!

comment:7 in reply to:  5 Changed 6 years ago by promac@…

Replying to jeremyhu@…:

I'm not sure what you mean by "I fixed it to myself, and updated to 1.16.0."

Are you saying that this is fixed by updating to 1.16.0? If not, can you provide the patch that you wrote to fix the issue?

1.17.0 is still broken ...

You need to either fix the module path, or disable modules, as I did:

platform macosx {

configure.args-append --disable-modules

}

This is the bug from source forge:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mpg123/bugs/199/

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by sporkbomb@…

Cc: sporkbomb@… added

Cc Me!

Changed 6 years ago by sporkbomb@…

Portfile diff to omit lib tool archive file during build

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by sporkbomb@…

In case anyone was too lazy to do this on their own, I have gone ahead and attached a patch to fix this issue for the time being. It essentially follows the suggestion in the sourceforge bug report opened by promac@….

One suggestion was to omit the .la file, since it doesn't seem to exist in the same directory as /opt/local/lib/mpg123/output_coreaudio.so. I went this route rather than completely disabling modules in ./configure.

comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by jeremyhu (Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia)

Thanks. r119174

comment:11 Changed 3 years ago by l2dy (Zero King)

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.