Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#46460 new defect

p5-mogilefs-server: upgrade; tests fail

Reported by: mojca (Mojca Miklavec) Owned by: macports-tickets@…
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version:
Keywords: Cc: dbevans (David B. Evans), dormando@…
Port: p5-mogilefs-server

Description

The attachments has a patch for upgrading p5-mogilefs-server, but the tests fail. Some are related to

Can't find mogadm executable, necessary for testing.

while the rest is probably just because I'm not running any mysql service. This needs some extra checking and testing.

Attachments (2)

p5-mogilefs-server.2.72.diff (1.7 KB) - added by mojca (Mojca Miklavec) 6 years ago.
p5-mogilefs-server.2.72.2.diff (2.3 KB) - added by dbevans (David B. Evans) 6 years ago.
Proposed patch revised

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 6 years ago by mojca (Mojca Miklavec)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by mojca (Mojca Miklavec)

Livecheck also behaves in a slightly weird way.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

Cc: dormando@… added

A few pointers to relevant documentation:

A high level overview of mogilefs: About MogileFS.

Testing configuration help: TESTING. Setting up test to use SQLite would avoid having to have a working DB server available to test.

This is an example of a port that would really benefit from a dedicated maintainer who is (or is willing to become) up to speed on installation and use.

Changed 6 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

Proposed patch revised

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

I've attached an updated patch which fixes the problem reported above (and several others) but leaves another.

Summary of changes:

  • Change depends_run to depends_lib so that dependencies are available for configuration, testing
  • Can't find mogadm executable
    • mogadm is provided by p5-mogilefs-utils, add as dependency
    • add ${perl5.bin} to PATH in test so mogadm can be found
  • Add DB configuration variables (for MySQL in this case) to test command per TESTING
  • IO::AIO load issues due to missing dependency on p5-common-sense. Fixed in r131281
  • Patched provided scripts using reinplace in post-patch to use the right perl. Did this in p5-mogilefs-utils too (r131301). Fixes another test issue.
  • Dependencies on p5-gearman* no longer required, removed
  • Removed dependency on dbd-sqlite since only one dbd-* module is required to test (depending on configuration). Might want to add variants to determine which DB back end to use with default MySQL (author's default). Updated comments to that effect.
  • Add license.

After all this test now fails as follows (testing using MySQL configuration with running MySQL server)

DEBUG: Executing command line:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_macports_trunk_dports_perl_p5-mogilefs-server/p5.20-mogilefs-server/work/MogileFS-Server-2.72" && /usr/bin/make test MOGTEST_DBUSER=test MOGTEST_DBNAME=test MOGTEST_DBTYPE=MySQL 
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /opt/local/bin/perl5.20 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
ERROR: Can't start service 'mogstored' on 127.0.1.1:7500: Error creating listening socket: IO::Socket::INET: Can't assign requested address
Invalid configuration.  (shouldn't happen?)  Stopping.

#   Failed test 'got mogstored1'
#   at t/00-startup.t line 50.
ERROR: Can't start service 'mogstored' on 127.0.1.2:7500: Error creating listening socket: IO::Socket::INET: Can't assign requested address
Invalid configuration.  (shouldn't happen?)  Stopping.

#   Failed test 'got mogstored2'
#   at t/00-startup.t line 52.

Possibly configuration, permissions problem.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by mojca (Mojca Miklavec)

I would suggest to commit the changes you made so far and possibly open a new ticket with remaining issues.

I also noticed that the website now redirects to GitHub, so we might also want to change the website and the livecheck. (If we use the GitHub portgroup, maybe livecheck will be fixed automatically, but that's just speculation.)

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

Changes committed in r132680. I set the home page to that cited on the github page (after redirection) -- it seems to have a reasonable description of the features.

Have reset master_sites to use the default set by the perl5 portgroup (CPAN). Livecheck seems to work OK now.

Will leave the ticket open since a test issue remains as described in comment:3. However, I'm not sure if this is a real test failure, just a configuration error, a fault in the test itself or maybe even something to do with IO::Socket::INET.

This should be understood/resolved but I haven't been able to make much sense of it.

Last edited 6 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans) (previous) (diff)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.