Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#50566 closed defect (fixed)

Gnumeric localization troubles

Reported by: m.rick@… Owned by: dbevans (David B. Evans)
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version:
Keywords: Cc:
Port: gnumeric

Description

Gnumeric won't launch localized.

At the begining I thought it was a bug related to GTK3, but Gnumeric was partially showing items localized.

I discovered MacPorts creates a compilation bug with the localization. It compiles gnumeric-1.x.x-functions.mo as gnumeric-1.x.x.mo and gnumeric-1.x.x.mo is not compiled or it is replaced by the wrong one. To make it simple, localization files are inverted and one is unavailable.

I took from Linux the available localization files gnumeric-1.x.x.mo and gnumeric-1.x.x-functions.mo and put it inside my software installation and it does work pretty well.

I didn't try yet the brand new gnumeric-1.12.27 just released to check wether it has been corrected or not.

Attachments (2)

Capture d’écran 2016-02-08 à 10.26.11.png (25.7 KB) - added by m.rick@… 7 years ago.
Capture d’écran 2016-02-09 à 00.07.36.png (223.2 KB) - added by m.rick@… 7 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

Cc: devans@… removed
Owner: changed from macports-tickets@… to devans@…
Port: gnumeric added; Gnumeric removed
Status: newassigned
Version: 2.3.4

This explains the localization issue I was seeing with 1.12.26 a couple of days ago. Please test 1.12.27 and I'll do the same.

Last edited 7 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans) (previous) (diff)

Changed 7 years ago by m.rick@…

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by m.rick@…

I updated to 1.12.27, still the issue. I made the try from the Linux files and it works.

The gnumeric-1.12.27.mo - copie is the original one. You can see it's size, 329 Ko, it's exactly the same one with gnumeric-1.12.27-functions.mo, both 328 784 o. https://trac.macports.org/raw-attachment/ticket/50566/Capture%20d’écran%202016-02-08%20à%2010.26.11.png

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

The problem is that, after reconfiguring for intltool 0.51, the sed fixups for po-functions/Makefile.in.in in autogen.sh don't work properly resulting in the gnumeric-1.12.27.mo files being overwritten by the gnumeric-1.12.27-functions.mo files.

Adjusted said fixups in autogen.sh to match the intltool 0.51 po/Makefile.in.in format in r145522. Tested successfully with LC_ALL=FR_fr so I expect other languages will work as well.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you too. Thanks.

Last edited 7 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans) (previous) (diff)

Changed 7 years ago by m.rick@…

comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by dbevans (David B. Evans)

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

Great! Thanks for the report.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.