Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

Last modified 5 years ago

#54704 closed defect (duplicate)

Failed to build gmp on Mavericks

Reported by: jfbu (Jean-François B.) Owned by: MarcusCalhoun-Lopez (Marcus Calhoun-Lopez)
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version: 2.4.1
Keywords: Cc:
Port: gmp

Description

$ sudo port clean gmp
Password:
--->  Cleaning gmp

$ sudo port install gmp
--->  Fetching distfiles for gmp
--->  Verifying checksums for gmp
--->  Extracting gmp
--->  Applying patches to gmp
--->  Configuring gmp
--->  Building gmp
Error: Failed to build gmp: command execution failed

$ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 6.2
Build version 6C131e

Details:

  1. I downloaded the MacPorts installer for Mavericks
  1. I did sudo port -b install texlive-bin. This failed at the ghostscript install step.
  1. I then did sudo port install ghostscript which succeeded.
  1. Then again sudo port install -b texlive-bin. I notice now the -b is perhaps misplaced, anyway, this then stopped with failure at gmp install.
  1. Hence I tried sudo port install gmp, then again after clean. I attach the log.

Attachments (1)

main.log (618.1 KB) - added by jfbu (Jean-François B.) 5 years ago.
log from sudo port install gmp on mavericks

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

Changed 5 years ago by jfbu (Jean-François B.)

Attachment: main.log added

log from sudo port install gmp on mavericks

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by jfbu (Jean-François B.)

Additional info, here is the (short) list of currently installed ports. It is short because I started with a fresh MacPorts install. My goal was to install texlive-bin, and skip the compilation part by asking for already done binaries.

$ port installed
The following ports are currently installed:
  autoconf @2.69_5 (active)
  automake @1.15.1_0 (active)
  bzip2 @1.0.6_0 (active)
  cairo @1.14.10_0+quartz+x11 (active)
  db48 @4.8.30_4 (active)
  expat @2.2.4_0 (active)
  fontconfig @2.12.4_0 (active)
  freetype @2.8_0 (active)
  gdbm @1.13_3 (active)
  gettext @0.19.8.1_0 (active)
  ghostscript @9.21_2+x11 (active)
  glib2 @2.52.3_0+x11 (active)
  jbig2dec @0.13_0 (active)
  jpeg @9b_0 (active)
  lcms2 @2.8_0 (active)
  libedit @20170329-3.1_0 (active)
  libffi @3.2.1_0 (active)
  libiconv @1.15_0 (active)
  libidn @1.33_0 (active)
  libpaper @1.1.24.5_0 (active)
  libpixman @0.34.0_0 (active)
  libpng @1.6.32_0 (active)
  libtool @2.4.6_3 (active)
  libxml2 @2.9.4_1 (active)
  ncurses @6.0-20170708_0 (active)
  openssl @1.0.2l_0 (active)
  pcre @8.41_0 (active)
  perl5 @5.24.2_0+perl5_24 (active)
  perl5.24 @5.24.2_0 (active)
  pkgconfig @0.29.2_0 (active)
  python2_select @0.0_2 (active)
  python27 @2.7.13_1 (active)
  python_select @0.3_7 (active)
  readline @7.0.003_1 (active)
  sqlite3 @3.20.1_0 (active)
  tiff @4.0.8_0 (active)
  xorg-kbproto @1.0.7_0 (active)
  xorg-libice @1.0.9_0 (active)
  xorg-libpthread-stubs @0.3_0 (active)
  xorg-libsm @1.2.2_0 (active)
  xorg-libX11 @1.6.5_0 (active)
  xorg-libXau @1.0.8_0 (active)
  xorg-libxcb @1.12_2+python27 (active)
  xorg-libXdmcp @1.1.2_0 (active)
  xorg-libXext @1.3.3_0 (active)
  xorg-libXt @1.1.5_1 (active)
  xorg-renderproto @0.11.1_0 (active)
  xorg-xcb-proto @1.12_1+python27 (active)
  xorg-xcb-util @0.4.0_0 (active)
  xorg-xextproto @7.3.0_0 (active)
  xorg-xproto @7.0.31_0 (active)
  xrender @0.9.10_0 (active)
  xz @5.2.3_0 (active)
  zlib @1.2.11_0 (active)


comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by mf2k (Frank Schima)

Owner: set to MarcusCalhoun-Lopez
Status: newassigned

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by MarcusCalhoun-Lopez (Marcus Calhoun-Lopez)

Resolution: duplicate
Status: assignedclosed

This issue has cropped up from time to time (see #43444, #43282, #41095, #41643, #42076).
The consensus seems to be that since this is a problem is with the operating system and not MacPorts, there is not much we can do.
To quote from https://trac.macports.org/ticket/43444#comment:1, ''The suggestion in several of those [tickets] was to delete the directory that has the incorrect permissions, which presumably allows the OS to re-create it with the correct permissions.''

Marking as duplicate of #43444.

comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by jfbu (Jean-François B.)

Thanks for the quicke diagnosis.

Here are the permissions:

(actually I have no access until end of next week to iMac on which I first encountered this, so I started fresh on my MacBook Air, also under 10.9.5)

  /var/folders/g9:
  total used in directory 0 available 29492032
  drwxr-xr-x   3 root      wheel      102 31 aoû 21:05 .
  drwxr-xr-x  78 root      wheel     2652 31 aoû 21:05 ..
  drwxr-xr-x   4 macports  macports   136 31 aoû 21:05 tkyv1xdj4rl1dfkkny_20_yh\
0000gp

  /var/folders/g9/tkyv1xdj4rl1dfkkny_20_yh0000gp:
  total used in directory 0 available 29497076
  drwxr-xr-x  4 macports  macports  136 31 aoû 21:05 .
  drwxr-xr-x  3 root      wheel     102 31 aoû 21:05 ..
  drwx------  6 macports  macports  204 31 aoû 21:13 C
  drwx------  2 root      macports   68 31 aoû 21:10 T

  /var/folders/g9/tkyv1xdj4rl1dfkkny_20_yh0000gp/T:
  total used in directory 0 available 29496896
  drwx------  2 root      macports   68 31 aoû 21:10 .
  drwxr-xr-x  4 macports  macports  136 31 aoû 21:05 ..

I removed the offending temporary directory and tried again. Success!

$ sudo port install gmp
--->  Fetching distfiles for gmp
--->  Verifying checksums for gmp
--->  Extracting gmp
--->  Applying patches to gmp
--->  Configuring gmp
--->  Building gmp
--->  Staging gmp into destroot
--->  Installing gmp @6.1.2_1
--->  Activating gmp @6.1.2_1
--->  Cleaning gmp
--->  Updating database of binaries
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.

Thanks for the quick help. I wonder though what might cause the root:macports owner combination.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.