Ticket #12968 (closed update: fixed)
RFE: MPlayer v1.0rc2 is out
|Reported by:||milosh@…||Owned by:||ecronin@…|
A new release candidate for MPlayer 1.0 has been issued some time ago. It would be good to update its port (the lvecheck does not signal it since the release directory keeps the previous versions).
I have tried modifying the port myself. Which included tweaking many configure args (mpdvdkit is cut into libdvdcss-internal and dvdread-internal, nut is now libnut, ...). But in the end, the linking stops with the following undefined symbols:
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols: _dvd_aid_from_lang _dvd_angle _dvd_number_of_subs _dvd_parse_chapter_range _dvd_sid_from_lang _dvd_speed _dvd_lang_from_aid _dvd_lang_from_sid _xvid_decore _xvid_global __Unwind_Resume _stream_info_dvd _FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder _FT_Request_Size _FcFreeTypeQueryFace collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
So it seems there are problems with dvd* (but the only dvd libs are those in MPlayer's source) with xvid and with FT (freetype?). Note: I used the following variants: MPlayer +binary_codecs +caca +live +osd +xvid +x11 and I have the following dependencies installed:
XviD @1.1.3_0 (active) fontconfig @2.4.2_0+macosx (active) freetype @2.3.5_0 (active) jpeg @6b_2 (active) lame @3.97_0 (active) libcaca @0.9_0 (active) libiconv @1.11_6+darwin_8 (active) libmad @0.15.1b_1 (active) libogg @1.1.3_1 (active) libpng @1.2.22_0+darwin_8 (active) libungif @4.1.4_1 (active) libvorbis @1.1.2_0 (active) live555 @2007.08.03a_0 (active) lzo2 @2.02_1+darwin_8 (active) ncurses @5.6_0+darwin_8 (active) zlib @1.2.3_1 (active) expat @2.0.1_0 (active) pkgconfig @0.22_0 (active) ncursesw @5.6_0+darwin_8 (active)
Most of them are the latest port (fontconfig, libogg, lzo2 and libungif are a revision late; libvorbis is slightly outdated). Here is a diff to show the modifications I made to the Portfile.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Cc ecronin@… added; ecronin@… removed
- Resolution set to fixed