Ticket #28400 (closed defect: fixed)
Kile-devel @2.1b5 unable to launch any external app
|Reported by:||informatique@…||Owned by:||nicos@…|
|Keywords:||Cc:||zweistein12@…, boutino@…, olivier.boutin@…, wanthalf@…|
The problem appeared when I upgraded to Kile 2.1-beta5, but I upgraded the whole KDE at the same time.
When I try to launch any external application in Kile (Okular, pdflatex, etc) all I get in Kile's "Log and messages" tab is a "Failed to start" message.
When used separately, all those applications work fine. It's only Kile being unable to launch them. The only workaround I have is launching the apps manually in the "Konsole" tab in Kile.
I checked my $PATH variable, it's fine, /opt/local/bin is in it. I also reinstalled the whole KDE and Kile packages, starting with default preferences. It didn't change anything.
I don't really know how to track the problem. Thanks for any help.
- Owner changed from zweistein12@… to nicos_pavlov@…
- Cc zweistein12@… added
- Port changed from kile to kile-devel
- Summary changed from Kile unable to launch any external app to Kile-devel @2.1b5 unable to launch any external app
comment:10 Changed 20 months ago by nicos@…
- Owner changed from nicos_pavlov@… to nicos@…
- Status changed from new to assigned