Ticket #31012 (closed defect: fixed)
inkscape with gtk +no_x11 +quartz crashes on 10.7
|Reported by:||carsomyr@…||Owned by:||devans@…|
|Keywords:||lion||Cc:||bradskins@…, suv-sf@…, smparkes@…|
With the release of Lion, inkscape doesn't work at all with Quartz. Launching it gives the attached stack trace. Does anyone know why? It was highly unstable on Snow Leopard to begin with. The fact that the x11 version of inkscape downloaded from the project site works perfectly adds to the mystery. This makes me ask:
- Is it because of upstream gtk development?
- Is it because inkscape has poor support for Quartz?
- Is it because of the way MacPorts builds Inkscape and its dependencies?
- Why didn't extensions work in Snow Leopard under Quartz?
- Why does the MacPorts version have rough-looking buttons, but the binary download from the project website has nice graphics for their buttons?
- Cc devans@… removed
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to devans@…
- Keywords lion added
- Summary changed from inkscape with gtk +no_x11 +quartz crashes outright to inkscape with gtk +no_x11 +quartz crashes on 10.7