Ticket #32635 (closed defect: invalid)
libpcap can't be installed
|Reported by:||nil.bureau.bitbucket@…||Owned by:||opendarwin.org@…|
Description (last modified by cal@…) (diff)
Attempting to install libpcap via Terminal produces errors every time. Under Mac OS X 10.4.11 with Xcode 2.5:
---> Extracting libpcap ---> Applying patches to libpcap ---> Configuring libpcap Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details) Log for libpcap is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_libpcap/libpcap/main.log Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
Per Ticket #12949, checked /usr/include/net for bpf.h file and it does not exist.
Downloading and installing manually does not produce any joy, as at least one file that should exist after installation is not there: libpcap.a.dylib (not libpcap.A.dylib).
How can this be fixed so libpcap can be installed via MacPorts?
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to cal@…
- Description modified (diff)
- Cc opendarwin.org@… added; nil.bureau.bitbucket@… removed
- Port changed from libpcap 1.1.1 or 1.2.0 to libpcap
- Cc opendarwin.org@… removed
- Owner changed from cal@… to opendarwin.org@…
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to invalid