Ticket #32790 (closed defect: fixed)
grass @6.4.0: error in backend: Ran out of registers during register allocation!
|Reported by:||pohl3@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
Hello, I want to use the grass port but I am unable to install it. After a week of trying, I do not see getting anywhere. I was not able to find a solution in the other threads about the grass port. Here is the message I get when trying to install:
---> Cleaning grass mistral:~ pohl3$ sudo port install grass -d ---> Computing dependencies for grass ---> Fetching archive for grass ---> Attempting to fetch grass-6.4.0_1.darwin_11.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/grass ---> Fetching grass ---> Verifying checksum(s) for grass ---> Extracting grass ---> Applying patches to grass ---> Configuring grass ---> Building grass Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command failed (see log for details) Log for grass is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gis_grass/grass/main.log Error: Status 1 encountered during processing. To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
I tried to get it running some weeks ago. Back then, I got error messages concerning wxpython. I installed those packages but again got an error about a wrong python version concerning the bits (64/32) and that i should install differently stating the other bit-version. I did not manage to do that back then. Now, I do not recreate that error message anyways. Instead, the above is what I get.
I did have a look in the main.log file but I do not even know what to look for. So if anyone has an idea I would highly appreciate. The main.log is attached.
I am running OS 10.7.2 on an Intel i7 dualcore.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords grass @6.4.0 (gis) removed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Summary changed from grass port fails to install. shell command failed (see log for details) to grass: error in backend: Ran out of registers during register allocation!
- Summary changed from grass: error in backend: Ran out of registers during register allocation! to grass @6.4.0: error in backend: Ran out of registers during register allocation!
- Keywords clang added
- Cc takeshi@… added
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed