This page describes the content of meta-packages for KDE.
- blinken: memory enhancement game
- cantor: frontend to mathematical software
- kalgebra: 2D and 3D graph calculator
- kalzium: periodic table of elements
- kanagram: letter order game
- kbruch: practice fractions
- kgeography: geography trainer
- khangman: hangman game
- kig: interactive geometry
- kiten: Japanese reference/study tool
- klettres: learn the alphabet
- kmplot: mathematical function plotter
- kstars: desktop planetarium
- ktouch: touch typing tutor
- kturtle: educational programming environment
- kwordquiz: flash card trainer
- marble: virtual globe and word atlas
- parley: vocabulary trainer
- rocs: graphy theory IDE
- step: interactive physics simulator
This package contains the ports related to graphics in KDE source, which were all contained in kdegraphics prior to KDE 4.7.
- gwenview: Gwenview is an image viewer for KDE
- kamera: Camera support for KDE
- kcolorchooser: Application to select a color from the screen
- kolourpaint: KolourPaint is a free, easy-to-use paint program for KDE
- kruler: KRuler displays on screen a ruler measuring pixels
- ksaneplugin: Plugin for sane support on KDE
- libkdcraw: LibKDcraw is a C++ interface around LibRaw library used to decode RAW picture files
- libkexiv2: Wrapper around Exiv2 for KDE
- libkipi: LibKipi is a C++ interface to use kipi-plugins from a KDE applications
- libksane: A library for dealing with scannersLibKSane
- mobipocket: Mobipocket plugins for Strigi indexing, Okular and thumbnails
- okular: Universal document viewer for KDE4
- svgpart: Svg wrap up for KDE
Note: The package should also contain kgamma and ksnapshot, but they rely heavily on X11 and are thus left out at this point.
This package contains the ports which were all contained in kdeutils prior to KDE 4.8.
- ark: Handle file archives
- kde4-filelight: Understand usage of disk space (the prefix kde4 is due to an existing port filelight for KDE3)
- kcalc: Do scientific calculations
- kcharselect: Select special characters from any font
- kdiskfree: View free disk space
- kgpg: Control your GPG keys
- ktimer: Execute programs after some time
- kwallet: Manage your passwords on KDE
- sweeper: Clean unwanted traces from your system
- kfloppy: Format floppy disks
Note: The package should also contain kremotecontrol, superkaramba and printer-applet, which are left out at this point, due to compilation problems and use of X11 libraries. Ksecrets is also left out as it is at development stage.
This package contains the ports which were all contained in kdebindings prior to KDE 4.7.
- smokegen: Scripting Meta Object Kompiler Engine. Wrapper to ease creation of bindings for KDE.
- smokeqt: SMOKE Qt bindings.
- smokekde: SMOKE KDE bindings.
- qtruby: Qt bindings for ruby scripting language.
- korundum: KDE bindings for ruby scripting language.
- qyoto: Binding to C# and .NET for KDE.
- kimono: Binding to C# and for KDE.
- kross-interpreters: KDE WEB Development package for the K Desktop Environment.
- perlqt: Qt bindings for perl scripting language.
- perlkde: KDE bindings for perl scripting language.
This package contains the ports which were all contained in kdemultimedia prior to KDE 4.9.
- dragon: Simple multimedia player.
- ffmpegthumbs: Ffmpeg-based thumbnail creator for video files.
- juk: Audio jukebox application.
- kmix: Enabling volume change on sound card from KDE.
- kscd: CDDB enabled audio CD player.
- libkcompactdisc: Multi-plaform CD-Player library.
- libkcddb: KDE interface to compact disc database.
- mplayerthumbs: Thumbnail generator for KDE file managers.