Ticket #14892 (closed enhancement: duplicate)
Add doc variant to gtk2
|Reported by:||stonehippo@…||Owned by:||nox@…|
By default gtk2 depends on gtk-doc, which installs a bunch of unneeded dependencies (docbook, docbook-xsl, perl 5.8.8, python 2.5, etc) that aren't needed for using GTK2-based apps.
Please add a no-doc variant to the gtk2 package to exclude this dependency. Better yet, remove it from the default variant and create a "with-doc" variant: gtk-doc is not needed as a build or runtime dependency.
- Owner changed from macports-tickets@… to nox@…
- Milestone set to Port Enhancements
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Add no-doc variant to GTK2 to Add doc variant to gtk2
- Version 1.6.0 deleted
- Keywords doc added; gtk-doc gtk2 removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Port set to gtk2