Ticket #17921 (closed defect: duplicate)
Name Resolution does not work properly with vpnc 0.5.3
|Reported by:||monty19@…||Owned by:||macports-tickets@…|
When I did an update of ports and vpnc 0.5.3 installed I started having the following behaviour:
/etc/resolv.conf is updated properly to reflect DNS servres on corporate network
I can use dig or nslookup to successfully query the addresses of servers by name.
I can not resolve names of systems on the corporate network using a web browser, ping, email client or anything else.
Name resolution continues to work for hosts on the internet; kind of like the dns servers for my internet connection are still being used, although the resolv.conf does not reflect that.
I have observed this broken behaviour with 0.5.2 and 0.5.3; I downgraded to 0.5.1 and am working properly again
- Owner changed from msmk@… to macports-tickets@…
- Cc msmk@… added
- Keywords vpnc name resolution removed