Opened 11 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#28565 closed defect

gnome-doc-utils tries to use bad perl path — at Initial Version

Reported by: joshmoz@… Owned by: macports-tickets@…
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version: 1.9.2
Keywords: haspatch Cc:
Port: gnome-doc-utils perl5

Description

I tried to upgrade gnome-doc-utils today but it failed. Looking in the log I found:

================================== :info:configure checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... ./configure: /opt/local/bin/intltool-update: /opt/local/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory :info:configure found :info:configure configure: error: Your intltool is too old. You need intltool 0.35.0 or later. :info:configure shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnome-doc-utils/work/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.4" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-scrollkeeper am_cv_python_pythondir=/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ " returned error 1 :error:configure Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details) :debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: shell command failed (see log for details)

while executing

"$procedure $targetname" :info:configure Warning: the following items did not execute (for gnome-doc-utils): org.macports.destroot org.macports.configure org.macports.build :notice:configure Log for gnome-doc-utils is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnome-doc-utils/main.log ==================================

So the problem is that there is nothing at "/opt/local/bin/perl". I've only ever done normal installs and upgrades of perl via macports as a dependency for other things. Never messed with my perl intstall manually. "gnome-doc-utils" shouldn't be trying to configure itself with a perl path that doesn't exist in a normal macports install.

I created a symlink from "/opt/local/bin/perl" to "/opt/local/bin/perl5.12" and that failed because "perl5.12" didn't have the proper perl module dependencies installed. Switching the symlink to "perl5.8" worked because that is what had the proper dep modules installed.

Change History (0)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.