Ticket #33206 (closed update: fixed)
Update pypy to 1.8
|Reported by:||macports.org@…||Owned by:||jmr@…|
- List strategies. Now lists that contain only ints or only floats should be as efficient as storing them in a binary-packed array. It also improves the JIT performance in places that use such lists. There are also special strategies for unicode and string lists.
- As usual, numerous performance improvements. There are many examples of python constructs that now should be faster; too many to list them.
- Bugfixes and compatibility fixes with CPython.
- Windows fixes.
- NumPy effort progress; for the exact list of things that have been done, consult the numpy status page. A tentative list of things that has been done:
- multi dimensional arrays
- various sizes of dtypes
- a lot of ufuncs
- a lot of other minor changes
Right now the numpy module is available under both numpy and numpypy names. However, because it's incomplete, you have to import numpypy first before doing any imports from numpy.
- New JIT hooks that allow you to hook into the JIT process from your python program. There is a brief overview of what they offer.
- Standard library upgrade from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.