Opened 20 months ago

Last modified 20 months ago

#62648 assigned defect

mkvtoolnix @56.0.0_0+qtgui: compilation stalls

Reported by: hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro) Owned by: ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)
Priority: Normal Milestone:
Component: ports Version: 2.6.4
Keywords: Cc:
Port: mkvtoolnix

Description

The compilation of mkvtoolnix @56.0.0_0+qtgui stalls and seems to never finish (well... I let it run for almost one hour before cancelling it).

Changing the default compiler, i.e., by issuing the following command

port -suRvc upgrade mkvtoolnix configure.compiler=macports-clang-11

solves the issue in my case.

Attachments (2)

main.log (1.9 MB) - added by hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro) 20 months ago.
config.log (136.9 KB) - added by hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro) 20 months ago.

Change History (5)

Changed 20 months ago by hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro)

Attachment: main.log added

Changed 20 months ago by hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro)

Attachment: config.log added

comment:1 Changed 20 months ago by mf2k (Frank Schima)

Cc: ryandesign removed
Owner: set to ryandesign
Status: newassigned

comment:2 Changed 20 months ago by ryandesign (Ryan Schmidt)

I can't tell from that log whether anything is wrong. The only error I see in the log is:

:info:build rake aborted!
:info:build Interrupt: 

which as far as I know just means that you interrupted the build. Maybe it would have finished if you had let it go longer.

On our 10.15 build machine, building version 55.0.0 took about half an hour, but it could have taken longer on your machine depending on your processor. Our build machines have not yet gotten around to building 56.0.0 but when they do we can see whether they succeed and how long they take.

comment:3 Changed 20 months ago by hugo-ribeiro (Hugo Ribeiro)

Sorry, I should have specified how long it takes on my machine. Here's the ouput of

time port -sv install mkvtoolnix +qtgui configure.compiler=macports-clang-11
real	9m48.617s
user	40m13.667s
sys	2m5.855s

For comparison, the first time I stopped the compilation after roughly one hour. During that time I checked the output on the terminal several times and it was always trying to compile the same object file.

My impression is that previous versions took also roughly 10 - 15 minutes to compile with the default compiler (and that's the why I cancelled after one hour).

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.